Sunday, March 30, 2008

Today is my birthday!!




These are kind of older pictures, but since we don't have our camera cord, we can't upload any to the computer. Dang. Anyway, today is my birthday!! I LOVE my birthday, so that's why I'm blogging about it. Most people think that's tacky and it probably is, but dang it, this is my blog and I can talk about myself if I want to!!
For my birthday Adam signed me up for a 5K up Provo Canyon that I ran yesterday. It was really fun. Today is Sunday so we're not doing much, but I love that it's my birthday anyway. I am 28 today. Seems so mature... hmmm. I am actually really excited to turn 30. I know that sounds weird, but I think my 30's will be amazing for some reason, and I'm totally stoked. I'll have more kids, I'll feel more like a "real mom", we'll probably be "living" somewhere, maybe we'll get a dog (something I've looked forward to my whole life), I think it'll be great. anyway, peace out.

15 comments:

Diana said...

ps- that's a pic of my mom holding MADELINE.

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Diana!!! What you said about being excited for your thirties makes me excited for them too. :) But I really look forward to my 40's because hopefully by then we'll have paid off Scott's med-school loans and I can go on a shopping spree! Whoohoo!!! :)

Erica said...

Diana! I don't know if you'll remember me from those long ago days of English and CR's...but this is Erica used-to-be Hekking! I was looking up old college friends I lost touch with and somehow ran across your blog. Anyway, it is so good to see that you are doing well! What luck finding you on your birthday, so Happy Birthday!

Deena said...

Happy Birthday!!

Lauren Perry said...

Diana, you are AWESOME!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It was so much fun to see you :) I am so sad that we have moved away :( I love the pics of Madeline! Cannon is in love with her! I couldnt believe how attached he was to her :) We will have to plan their wedding :)

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Diana!! I'm so glad you like birthdays!! I'm looking forward to 30 also. For all the reasons you mentioned. I also feel like I'll be in a more healthy routine with exercise/eating. I also think I'll have more of myself figured out. ya know?

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday Diana!! I totally feel like a jerk, I had no idea! I think you are just amazing, I am so glad we are friends. Have a great day :)

Amy Eds said...

Happy Birthday!! You are such an awesome person! I am so glad that I have been getting to know you! We need to get together again sometime--Jonathan would like that too! I am sure he has more geeky boy toys that he would love to share with MAdeline! I think that is awesome that you have been running 5k's!! You are amazing! I need to jump on board, or I guess run on board! Ha Ha!

SarahF said...

Happy Birthday! I love the picture of Madeline with Meemaw.

Anonymous said...

nice. i like that you blogged about your birthday and i like that you know it is your blog and you can talk about whatever you want. it makes me smile. it was nice to see you saturday. take care.

Diana said...

k- I didn't intend this post to turn into an "everybody praise me" kind of post, but thanks for the nice words!! Love you all.

Erica said...

Hey Diana! I would love to hear from you - my email address is ericahaderlie@yahoo.com. I look forward to it!

Caroli said...

Happy Birthday!(a bit late)
I´d like to say: 30 is amazing! At least I think so.
When I turn 30 I felt so good about my self, I felt secure as a grown woman. I don´t know how to put it into words... I felt really realized with my self and I hope you´ll feel this way too.

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

I was seriously going to ask if that was you as a baby or Madeline. It looks JUST like you! Ahhhh! What a cutie. She has grown up SO fast. Watch out, she'll be one before you know it!

Coordination Queen said...

Happy Birthday!