Thursday, March 27, 2008

Satisfied.

Isn't that one of the best words of the english language?? I finally am totally feeling satisfied with my stay-at-home-momness. I have to admit that the transition was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I have spent my whole life (well, just about) preparing to be a mom and when I became one, it was a harder adjustment than I thought it would be. But now, I love thinking up new recipes, sewing, playing with Madeline, and doing other things that I would never have time to do.
I honestly think that the world's egocentric mindset is ingrained in us more than we think. I am raising a child here, and that is so much more important than working some dumb 8-5 job that anyone could do. Anyway, I also think that being satisfied is something that you have to work on. you have to make yourself satisfied-- and work hard at becoming and maintaining that. I think that if you push yourself continually to develop your own talents also helps one to feel satisfied.
Anyway, what helps you guys to feel satisfied with your lives?

5 comments:

Laura said...

Amen! Seriously, it has been a hard transition to be a full time mom, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. It's still hard for me to function before 9:30-10:00am, but on those days that I can get my rear in gear before then I feel great! If I can get a good run in during the day and if I can cross off a few things from my "to do" list, then I feel satisfied.

Deena said...

Good insights. It's still a day to day battle for me.

Coordination Queen said...

What a wonderful feeling. I have days where I feel like that and they help me get through the other ones...

SarahF said...

I love what you said about satisfaction- that you have to work at it. I really resonate with that. What a fantastic way of looking at it. I can be satisfied if I work at it and make myself satisfied. What an ingenious thought, Diana. I'm going to ponder this for a long time, I can already tell.

Caroli said...

Plan and build the future of my family makes me feel satisfied. Simple things like go to the doctor with my daughter and created a "menu" or find out a good school for her can make my day