Thursday, November 3, 2011

Geeky Awesome

Did anyone see Nova last night?
  Dude... it was awesome.  I'm not talking about sit-com-y awesome, I"m talking about completely changing the way you think about the world awesome.  At the end of their amazing episode--which by the way, it really seems like all we have done since Einstein lived is try to flush out his ideas, how could one person be so smart?-- They said that our world might only be a 2D Hologram of our real world which is encased inside a black hole!
  So, the episode talked about how space is not just a void, but is really dark energy.  Always pushing and pulling mass, and one big culprit of that is the black hole.  Here's where it gets fun.  He said, if he were to throw his wallet (a 3D object) into a black hole, as it enters the hole, all of the information that makes up the wallet is copied and then projected onto the space surrounding the black hole in 2D.  So everything that the black hole has swallowed is projected on the outside of the black hole.  So then he said, what if that applies to all of space?  Our planet, and solar system for that matter is just a 2D projection of the nearest black hole?
  This is a really new theory, but I'm going to read up more about it, because that is just plain cool.  AHAHAH it makes me so giddy just to think about it.  I am such a geek, but seriously I think I will be talking about this for the next 2 weeks...!

2 comments:

Sarah Heder said...

Two words. NERD ALERT! ; )

Sally said...

I watched part of it, but when my brain started hurting I had to change the channel. It was seriously painful; too deep for me! I'm glad you enjoyed it, though!