Saturday, March 26, 2011

Baby Jo...seph

I was talking to baby Joseph this week and I called him "Baby Joe", it's cute, right? Keep in mind that we have not let Madeline be called anything but Madeline because we are not fans of Maddy or any other shortened version of her name. We know that eventually it will probably happen, i.e. when she goes to school, but we named her Madeline because we loved it not because we loved Maddy. And she has caught on, she corrects grown-ups all the time, and is not shy about it, which, of course, we LOVE, our self-confident little 3 1/2 yr old! So when I called my beautiful new boy, "Baby Joe", Madeline hesitated for a second, looked at me weird, and then said "seph" completely satisfied with herself. Well, I just laughed out loud. At least I know I will have someone to take care of me when I forget my keys and to put my dentures in when I'm old and especially to help me when I don't call people by their full names! (It reminded me of the part in 'Waiting for Guffman' where the lady says "Keanu Reeve...es..")
So anyway, here's pictures of our beautiful 6 week old boy:
Trying to get that head up! Actually this is pretty weak sauce for him, he can hold his head up pretty well- he's been working on it since day 1!

Joseph is such a good baby! He just eats, sleeps and poops! He hardly cries at all, and has just become the love of my life these past six weeks. He is so good, and I am so grateful to be his mama!

This picture was taken seconds before I collapsed on that bed behind me (obviously!), but what a cutie-bam-boodie! Adam couldn't help but take this picture of our little baby burrito!

My cute boys! Don't they look alike? I mean, besides the obvious hairline... hehe;)

9 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Love that she corrected you! So funny! He does look a lot like his daddy. :)

Heather said...

Aaaahhh. What a cute boy! ... and a cute Madeline too. Our girls are growing up. ;)

Johanna said...

Helloooo there! I am so happy for you, what a sweet baby. And Madeline is so cute and grown up. You look great too!

Sue A. Frame said...

He is sooo beautiful!! Good to see you are all doing well!

bk said...

don't you love having an older one to keep you in line? joseph is so precious. congrats!

SarahF said...

What a cute baby! I'm thinking right now Joseph favors the Heder side, and Madeline in those pictures is all McArthur! I'm so glad you have a good baby, it makes the transition so much easier...

BTW- Henry loved the pictures of Joseph and kept saying, "Baby!"

Sally said...

He's adorable! I love those baby burritos! I'm glad Madeline is such a great helper--we knew she would be. Thanks for blogging some cute pictures to see!

Kim said...

I have a 6 year old named Adeline that we call Addie (among other lovable nicknames), but when she went to kindergarten I asked that she only write Adeline on her paper because she was getting confused between the two. Now everyone just calls her Adeline. When I help in her class and refer to her as Addie her classmates say "Who?"
So there's hope. I love the name (with and without the 'M')
Darling new baby boy.
BTW...I noticed you are friends with Janet Rife and Devry Granodos on FB. That's my old stomping ground. do you live up there now?

Genean said...

What sweet pictures! Thanks for sharing. I hope you're doing well.