El Captain, not to be confused with El Capitan of Yosemite fame.Sunday, December 19, 2010
Adam's 2010 Sawtooth Expedition
I decided that, after two years, it was finally time for me to make some more contributions to the blog. What better way to make my return than to post about our ward's 2010 High Adventure camp that I enjoyed this last summer while living in Pocatello. We spent four days up in the Sawtooth mountains of central Idaho. Myself and one other leader led a group of 8 young men into the mountainous terrain. As you can see from the pictures, the vistas were breathtaking. The fishing was not great, but the great views more than made up for it. It was a rather grueling 7 mile hike into Alice lake. We had been warned about prehistoric sized mosquitoes so we can prepared with nets, 100% deet repellant, incense, and a million other remedies. We managed to avoid them quite well. On the second day, a group of us scaled (or attempted to scale) the top of Snowy Peak (I'll let you guess which group I was in), which was actually much more frightening than anticipated. All in all it was a great trip and one boy, who had vowed to never go on another backpacking trip again, had even softened up by the end.
Most of the group.
A fantastic view of the lake where we camped.
A cool shot of a couple of the boys on the way back.


A picture I took looking down on our way to the top.

El Captain, not to be confused with El Capitan of Yosemite fame.
A great view of where we camped.
El Captain, not to be confused with El Capitan of Yosemite fame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
man, you guys are great! we miss your bones...we need a go to couple around these parts!
Loves,
the escobedos
Post a Comment