Thursday, December 13, 2007

4 month birthday party!!





No really, we didn't have a party, but Lauren let us borrow her bumbo seat and this morning she was too cute we had to take some pics! She is going to be GORGEOUS--yes I am obsessed with my child... ;). She is 4 months today, and I am debating whether to start her on rice cereal today, I am soooooooooooooooo excited!!! She could probably care less, but I just want to try it. I've heard that you should start feeding them at 4 or 6 months... what say ye? Any opinions?


5 comments:

Deena said...

You are right. She is so gorgeous, and she looks like such a happy girl. Good job mama!

As far as starting the rice cereal...if she pays attention when y'all are eating and shows some interest, she might be ready. My baby didn't even pay attention until she was about five months old, and then she wanted everything that we put in our mouths.

If she's not interested, it really won't be that productive. Not that she will eat enough for it to be productive anyway, but maybe less stress for you. Oh yeah. Don't stress about how much she eats because she's getting everything she needs from the breastmilk/formula.

Lauren Perry said...

She is sooooo stinking cute! That is why Cannon has chosen her to be his girlfriend :) He has a lot of baby girls fighting over him-lol. I say it wouldnt hurt to do a small bowl of rice cereal. If she hates it, wait a few days to a week and try again- until she seems more interested :)

Lauren Perry said...

ps- I love that she is so into the bumbo! Cannon liked it a lot too. I swear that seat is the reason that he started sitting by himself so early!

Coordination Queen said...

She is beautiful! And it is totally fine to be obsessed with your kid. I can't believe she is 4 months already. Go for the cereal. But like GM said, it doesn't matter if they don't get much, it is basically learning how to eat.

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

We started Miya on cereal at about 3 months, but by then she was drinking 8 ounces of formula every 2 1/2 hours, and was still hungry, so little Miss Chunk of Love was ready. Remember though, that she is abnormally large, so I think she's the exception. I LOVE the Bumbo. I bought one because it was so fun, but she only used it for maybe 2 months, because then she figured out how to pop herself out of it, and then she was sitting up on her own soon after that. But in the meantime it was great.