Monday, October 1, 2007

My new occupation

Yes, this is a pic of my gorgeous baby. I know, I know, enough already about being a mom and my beautiful baby, but seriously, just one more thing... since this is what consumes my thoughts and actions every day now. I am still amazingly overwhelmed by my new occupation. I never in a million years thought it would be so demanding and challanging, and I only have a two month old! Yesterday, I was proud of myself for going to two of the three meetings at church, and while I was feeding Madeline in the mother's lounge there was this beautiful, put-together young mom who had four girls (not all in the mother's lounge with her-lol) and I was talking to her. I asked her if she was done having kids, since "four does seem to be the new six" (thank you Rachel Short) and she said "no, I think we're going to have eight kids" I was floored! What! Eight! Wow- I can't even imagine that... maybe it gets easier, but the feedings, diaper rash, naps, buying inexpensive clothes, toys and baby gear, and keeping my house tidy (notice I didn't say "clean"), and taking care of my husband (lol- or the other way around), etc. is pushing my can-do limits at this point. The thought of having eight kids makes me want to just go to sleep for a really long time!! That is awesome that she was so calm and put-together and wants to have eight kids. Hopefully, I can feel calm and put-together at some point too, until then... I'm just going to focus on my weekly goals of : 1. getting dressed everyday, 2. Making dinner, and that's about it. LOL.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Diana! Madeline is SO cute! I love that picture!!! Yeah, I haven't even seen my baby yet and already I've gone from the thought of having 6 kids, to 5 kids, now down to 4. Four feels about right to me. :) And we'll see if I feel the same way once I am actually staying up all through the night. :)

Lauren Perry said...

I love it! You are sooo funny Diana :) I don't even have the strength for 2 yet, lol, I am happy with my 1 (and he is an easy baby too). I don't know how some people do it! They must be like the bionic woman or something. My mother in law has 7! I was wanting about 4 maybe 5, now I just want 3-lol :) We need to have more playdates! Its so fun to hang with you and the beautiful Madeline.

Deena said...

Your baby is so beautiful! And you make dinner every day? You're doing better than I am. I didn't do that before I had my baby. And I'm still amazed that people have more than one kid. I don't know how they do it. I see why moms lose brain cells.

sew hot said...

Maybe she is on Paxil or some other CHILL PILL! You're doing fine at this point just hanging in there is the key. Focus on the baby and you and the rest can wait. Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow? Your baby is beautiful. congratulations

Coordination Queen said...

I'm super impressed you make dinner so often! Aiden has gotten to the point that at 5 o'clock everyday he asks for a bowl of cereal...